Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring!


Well, it has been spring for almost a month now but it definitely hasn't felt like it! It has been dark, gray and rainy! Today there was actually some sun! This year I am going to attempt a garden plot at our church's community garden. I am not doing it all by myself, my friend had a plot last year and was looking for someone to share it with this year. We spent the morning pulling weeds and preparing to plant! I am looking to forward to having fresh vegetables whenever I want. I think we planning on planting onions, tomatoes, lettuce, peppers, strawberries, peas, zucchini, carrots....and I'm sure I'm leaving a few things out. I will keep you all updated on how it goes and any gardening tips would be much appreciated :)

1 comment:

  1. lucky! we have a request in for a community plot in SE, but we haven't heard back yet. Some gardens have a 3 year wait period. So great your church offers one.

    ReplyDelete