Monday, March 5, 2012

Yesterday we got a little spring teaser! It was 58 degrees and sunny, it might as well have been 80 it felt so nice and warm!! Colin and I enjoyed a nice long walk around the neighborhoods surrounding our apartments. We have some fancy houses close by so it's always fun to walk by those and dream!!!

I also was able to log some miles with my Nike+ on our walk. I've joined 2 Nike+ challenges at work to keep me going. One is just within my department, every couple months they launch a new challenge to get people moving. Basically the team with the most miles at the end of the challenge time frame wins! Speed doesn't matter, which is great for me! The second challenge is company-wide and supports Nike's Girl Effect foundation. This foundation supports young girls in Africa to learn a trade and become a vital part of their community. For every mile I log $.50 will be donated to the cause!! And the miles I run will fo towards both challenges. Pretty neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment