Saturday, May 4, 2013

Guess I'm going to be a once a quarter blogger!! Sheesh! Well, working full time, having a 7 month old and training for a half marathon has definitely kept us busy.

Claire is getting so big. She's sitting up, eating solid foods and can pretty much get anywhere she wants by rolling! She still hasn't figured out how to crawl, she's scooting a little but not getting very far. She prefers to roll :) Also, she has been teething for MONTHS now. I thought for sure we were going to have a little tooth sprouting up early, but now 4 months later still no teeth. There is one that is so close to cutting through, she is so protective of that little tooth, she will go to great lengths to put her tongue over it, wiggle, squirm, scream, whatever it takes to not let you look at that tooth. It is quiet comical.

Work has been crazy! I started back from maternity leave to a huge project that had me working late nights and weekends. Oh my, that would have been tough even if I hadn't just had a baby. I was exhausted. It has gotten a little better. I still feel like I am never completely caught up on the work I need to get done, but I just have to draw a line and not cross it. I cannot work on weekends, I cannot work late every night. I just can't. I have to have that balance. I need time to see my baby and connect with my husband! Man, it is hard to find that balance, but we're getting there. I will say I really have enjoyed being back at work. I enjoy seeing my friends and getting in midday workouts!

Speaking of working out. I have been training for our 1/2 marathon like crazy! It's just 2 weeks away. My longest run so far has been 11 miles. I thought I would go all the way up to 13, but I'm not sure....those runs take up so much time (well, I'm pretty dang slow so that doesn't help). I feel ready though, I'm pretty sure if I've already done 11 I can make it 2 more :) I've also been doing reformer pilates, which I love! I'm slowly getting back in shape and have hope I will get back to my pre-pregnancy weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment