Thursday, May 20, 2010

We had a wonderful sunny Birthday weekend for Colin and now it feels like it should be October! It's cold and rainy...not cool!! I did get to enjoy the sun this last weekend.. Friday after work I laid out by our pool for a good hour or two, then Saturday I did a walk for Pregnancy Resource Center's in Portland with my women's group, then I had an appointment for a facial and laser skin treatment....probably the weirdest thing ever!! I think I was suppose to be given eye protection for the laser treatment, but I she didn't give me anything. so at one point the red and purple lights were flashing so fast and so bright I thought I might have a seizure...haha. It felt like every muscle in my face was twitching...really strange. But my skin looked nice afterwards...the things we go through for beauty! lol. Then that night I had my book club meeting (book review below). Colin's birthday was on Sunday, I felt kind of bad because I had so many things going on I hardly saw him on Saturday, so I told him Sunday was his day to do whatever! But it was my week to help with the coffee cart at church, so after that it was his day!! His parents got him a GPS system so we decided to drive around and try it out. We went to a bike shop so he could spend some of his birthday moolah on some gear (he is definitely a gear head, I think he had all of the top of the line gear before he even did his first triathlon! haha), then he decided he wanted to drive to the beach and have dinner there, but on the way he saw the sign for the Rogue Brewery and we decided to stop there instead for some burgers. Wasn't the most eventful birthday but I think he still enjoyed it.


I finished the reading "The Art of Racing in The Rain" and I really enjoyed it. It is written from the family dog's perspective...I have never had a dog so I wouldn't say I connected so much as maybe someone who is a "dog person" but I thought it was a cool way to tell a story! The story itself is sad and has somewhat of a cliche ending. It's a quick read and I would recommend it! And I hear it is soon to be a movie, which I will definitely go see!

Also, I just received the wedges from below and I love them!! They are the perfect height not too tall and the perfect color red! I am wearing them right now :) I just wish I could be wearing them with a white sundress instead of with pants!! C'mon summer!! Also, an exciting update with Shoedazzle they are now adding handbags! So now you can choose a bag or a pair of shoes each month or both!!!!!!! What else does a girl need?!?!!? Can you tell I am a little obsessed?!

No comments:

Post a Comment