Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Can it just be summer already?!

It is May already! But it sure doesn't feel like it, in fact some areas of Portland got some fluffy white stuff yesterday....in my book that is not cool. haha. I am so ready for the pool to be open at our apartment (and 80 degree weather) so I can come home from work and lounge by the pool with a book until the sun goes down :)

I have FINALLY uploaded the pictures from Colin's trail race, below. I am constantly amazed by Colin's athletic ability!! I have never been very athletic, I try...but even when trying my hardest I don't think I would ever be awesome, but Colin can accomplish things without much training. I honestly think he could be a professional triathlete! Ok, I will probably never see him again after saying that because he will be training non-stop to reach that goal...haha :)


Before the race!


The crazy runners!! I was just fine being the photographer on the sidelines :)


The big finish! WHOO HOO!!!


Ok, so I joined that shoe club, and I received by April shoes (the heels from my last post) and I absolutely LOVE them!! It's called ShoeDazzle in case anyone is interested!! Here is a picture of the shoes I chose for the month of May. Yes, I got sandals because I am SO ready for it to be sandal weather!


So some new things that are going on...I was asked to help lead my small women's group that I go to for church. I've been going to this group for almost a year now so I know the girls pretty well, but the thought of leading was really scary to me! Am I good enough for this, do I know the bible well enough, how will the other girls react to me taking on this role..yadda yadda.. But the thing is, is that I have been comfortable at where I am at in my "walk with God" and I haven't really moved from that comfort zone, so I think it is time. I think doing this will add a whole new level of accountability to my life, and keep me on track. I've already help lead the last 2 weeks and it has been pretty easy, I mean this is a group of 8 girls, when girls get together we like to talk, so I don't have to say much at all! haha.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment