Monday, January 25, 2010

Life

It's Friday again, YAY! Sometimes it feels like I am just struggling through the week to get to the weekend so I can start my life up again. That is a hard way to live...so I am trying to change my attitude and thank God for everyday and everything that is brings :) Last weekend was wonderful! Friday night we went and had a game night with a few other couples from our bible study. We played Mad Gabs and Apples to Apples and laughed the whole night! It was so much fun! I love getting together with friends and just having good wholesome fun :) I can't wait until we get a house and can have people over for game nights and dinner parties! We can invite maybe 2 people over at a time right now... Anyway! Sunday was great, I got up early met my co-worker for some coffee and then we went to a Pottery Barn class on decorating and putting together little arrangements that can add to a room....It was great, but I wished I could have taken pictures of everything she showed us. So my goal is to create a center piece thing for our dining room table with items we already have, following the odd number rule and not just putting one thing in the middle but putting the tallest thing to one of the sides. I really wanted to just buy everything she told us to use and put it in my apartment or an even better thing they offer is to have someone come to my house and help me with setting up and decorating a room!! Ok, that might be going a little overboard for a 500 sq. ft. apartment. I really can't wait to have a house :) It was just fun to go and get ideas.

I finally bought some seeds and pots to start growing herbs. And I printed, from marthastewart.com, some really cute tags to label the herbs. But I forgot to get soil, which is apparently an essential part in planting a garden haha (Ok, I know that, but I was more focused on getting the things that look nice like the pots and herbs and tags!) So I think I will need to wait another week to start that process, or I might need to wait until after Mexico, depending on how much they need to be watered.....

I guess I have designated Sunday nights as my "new recipe" night! It has been fun. This last Sunday night I made something called "Heavenly Potatoes" which tasted great, but I'm not sure it turned out exactly like it was suppose to. It was more like a potato soup than mashed potato consistency. But at least it tasted good, it is made with lots of garlic, onions, chives, butter...and more! And I made a chocolate torte. I was little disappointed when I took it out of the oven because the top looked a little burnt, but it was actually perfect! The middle was nice and moist and Colin whipped up a little berry sauce from some frozen berries we had! Yum!

Only ONE week until we leave for Mexico! I think Colin and I are both feeling like we need a vacation and time to get away, so it comes at a perfect time. I have been slacking on my running training, which I was hoping to have well underway before Mexico so I could feel "swim-suit ready." But I actually have lost 12 pounds since Thanksgiving by just portion control and I do have a whole week to tone up a bit! (there's not much you can do in a week that will make a difference, but I can try!!) So it is straight to the gym after work for me today!

Well, my break is about over so, it is back to work for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment