Monday, January 18, 2010

Stuff

I have a feeling this is going to be an extremely random blog...I guess that's what it's for though, right? My thoughts are not always organized so I will stay true to that :) I had a very nice weekend, It actually felt relaxing. But I wasn't too happy when I had to get out of bed this morning to get ready for work while my City-Employed husband got to sleep in and have a day off to celebrate MLK Jr. day. Ugh, that is the only word that describes it. I have noticed a better attitude in myself towards work though since Colin started working full time (and not traveling for work). It is nice to get up around the same time in the morning and be on the same schedule, it makes life a tad easier! So all in all I should not complain about it, because I would never want to have his job anyway and he truly deserves those days he gets off :) And I have a very good job and a lot of people are out of work right now, so I am blessed (can you tell I'm trying to make myself feel better as I type haha)

We had a local band from Portland lead worship at our church yesterday. They are called Sixteen Cities and they are awesome!! They didn't sing any of their own songs during the service so we bought their CD and I love (pretty much) every song! Here is one of them that I like. It's good for those times when you need to realize that you can just let it go and let God be in Control, ready to Finally surrender :)




Last night I was very excited to make a new recipe and thanks to Martha Stewart I found a recipe for a pork roast and roasted potatoes (and the picture looked SO good). I don't make many meat dishes that aren't chicken or some type of fish, so this was a very new experience for me. And I found the hardest part of it all was chopping up the herbs! Can anyone seriously finely chop thyme and rosemary?? If so, do share, I would like a good technique for it! Once I had the herbs at least somewhat chopped, all I had to do was mix it with some olive oil and spread it on the meat, let it sit in the oven for about 2 hours, then add seasoned potatoes for about the last half hour of it! Easy! And it tasted so good. With every good meal we usually have some bread or salad or something. Actually we almost always get our favorite type of bread, Kalamata Olive Ciabatta Bread from Trader Joe's, we just can't get enough of it. We mix some olive oil with this Parmesan oil dipping seasoning from Pampered Chef and it's so good! And it feels so gourmet especially with some $2.99 red wine from Winco (in a fancy glass of course)! So my first new recipe is accomplished!

No comments: