Thursday, January 21, 2010

Organizing!

I am going crazy! I have gotten on an organizing and DIY decorating rampage and I can't stop :) Ok, that might not sound like a bad thing, but I actually haven't organized or decorated anything yet. I have just spent hours and hours on www.marthastewart.com and www.designspongeonline.com finding and printing out cool ideas! And I'm going crazy because I want to do them all but I don't have money for them this month, so I have to wait. Colin thought I was absolutely crazy when I had a stack of what looked like 50 pages of organizing tips! haha. He will appreciate it once they are done! I am determined to do them all! Here are just a few...


This is a really cool way to organize your grocery shopping and meal planning and it looks cute too! You just get a clip board and glue some cool wrapping paper on it and some magnet tape on the back.




Ok, this isn't even a home decorating or organizing project, just a cute craft project! Basically you use a paper doily as a stencil to paint on to a basc tote.


Nice way to add a little flare to the dish soap (I know, totally not necessary but it's the little things that can make all the difference)



Cool way to store coffee and other things. Just a cover a paint can with paper and ribbon..


I totally want to make these little cubbies for the bathroom, we have no shelves and no medicine cabinet so things can get a bit cluttered on the counter!


This is a homemade magnetic bulletin board made from an art canvas and a piece of sheet metal and painted to match your room!




This is a plastic bag organizer (it's a bag to stuff your plastic grocery bags into) made out of a dish towel! Requires a little sewing, but just a straight line line so I think I can manage :)


You can print these on Martha Stewart's web site to create Freezer Labels! I totally need these, I never know how long things have been in the freezer. Again, they're probably not all that necessary and you could get away with just writing on the bag with a sharpie but this looks way cooler!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of it!! For now, I'm just going to borrow the grocery list craft, but not really the craft part, just the actual paper to keep track of our actual grocery list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you are so stinkin cute...have you accomplished any of it yet since you posted this? I know, I know you've been in Mexico, but there's still been some time. Oh and if you need someone else to come over and rant and rave of your great home cooking...well girl I'm only a phone call away. I've been wanting to drop by...might as well be on a home cooking night, right! :)

    ReplyDelete