Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Things

So Colin and I have been asked to lead a young adults group through the summer for our church, I have been helping with a women's group and we decided to go co-ed through the summer and Colin is our men's leader! Last Wednesday was our first one and Colin was the only guy, so he got to hang out with about 8 girls! He's a good sport :) Last night 2 other guys came, which was really cool, it's hard to get young men to go to a church group...so we are working hard on reaching out. And Colin is great at that, he really is able to connect with people and make them feel like their job or their major in college or whatever they do is awesome. I am excited for the accountability and growth this will bring in our relationship with God.

Each week we will have a memory verse, which is great because I haven't done this since high school youth group. The girls and guys will break off for connection and prayer time and then we will come together and do some type of activity; play a game, go to the park, do a service project etc.

Memory verse for the week: "Each time he said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment