Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trying the diet

So a couple days ago Colin and I decided to go to New Season (grocery store) and buy a few things to start the diet. We bought some almond milk which was the only new thing. We had to buy the unsweetened kind because I can't have anything with added sugar, but I decided to get vanilla thinking it would be better. When I got home I tried a little and it was probably the most disgusting thing ever!!!! Colin's co-worker told him that just the regular almond milk is way better than the flavored kind. But I don't usually just drink a glass of milk anyway, so I think it will be ok in things. This morning I put a little in my coffee and it wasn't so bad. Yesterday I tried to eat according to the diet but that is going to be very hard without doing a total makeover of our fridge/pantry. I had eggs and a banana for breakfast, a spinach salad with a homemade olive oil/red wine vinegar dressing, an apple, & cheese slices. For dinner we had grilled chicken and steamed brocoli. Doesn't sound too bad, right?! But we had our bible study and I had 2 cookies....so yeah. It's gonna be hard. I think it will be easier if I plan my meals out ahead of time and make all my baked goods like every sunday or something like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment