Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun in the sun!

Well, the little sun that there was this last weekend, we had fun in :) This week we are finally getting some heat! and believe me, I'm not complaining! I get to enjoy the sun from my office and by the time I get off work it's still warm enough to enjoy some sun poolside :)

This last weekend Colin & I both got to enjoy a nice 4-day weekend for 4th of July! We went to a wedding Saturday night, at the Overlook House, where we got married! It was fun to go back! Then on the 4th we went out to Scappoose to hang out with my grandparents and my parents for a BBQ. Then Monday Colin & I spent most of the day at Ikea & other home stores to buy a few new things for our place. We bought new curtains, new pillows for our couch & for our bed, new bedding, a new lamp and some kitchen gadgets! It was way fun! Of course we spent more money than either of us were planning on, but it was worth it!!

This was a difficult weekend to start my diet, I think I did ok considering. At the wedding I tried just to eat the veggies, and fruit, but I had a little of the breaded chicken too. At my grandma's BBQ I did pretty well, I only ate fruit and some shrimp, and Monday while we were out shopping we stopped at Red Robin cause that was about the only place around that would be close to having anything I could eat and I got a salad with a vinaigrette dressing on the side- but really I wanted big honkin burger w/ fries. Yes, this is going to be hard. I've decided it will probably be best if I stop obsessing about it and not get so worried if I slip up here and there, that will help with quality of life...

This weekend we are headed out to Ocean Shores, WA for another triathlon! This is a big one for Colin- a half Iron Man, 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run! And my brother will also be racing in the triathlon. He is doing the Olympic distance which is .9 mile swim, 24.8 mile bike and 6.2 mile run! I am excited to be able to cheer both of them on. When looking at the race they also have 5k, 10k and half marathons. If I knew that sooner I would have signed up for a run!

No comments:

Post a Comment