Monday, July 26, 2010

Fun times!

The last few weekends have been packed full of fun times with great friends!! I absolutely love having a full schedule, I can't get enough of it. Last weekend I decided to take a couple days off of work and give myself a 4-day weekend so we could fit in seeing everyone that was in town. That Friday we drove out to the airport and picked up our friends Clay and Cara. Originally we weren't going to be able to hang out with them, but their flight came in like 6 hours late (apparently that can happen when you are flying from a tiny town in Alaska), so we were able to hang out and go to happy hour at Stanford's. It was fun! That night we had a game night with my friend Sarah, her fiance Lance and our new friends Geraldine & Bryan (and their adorable little boy, Bradley).

Saturday we met up with Becka, Brian (who was here from Alaska), Clint & Katie (who came up from Medford) and went to the International Beer Festival in the Pearl. It was fun, and hot. That night we went to Forest Grove where Brian & Ashlee and their boys were staying for the week and hung out and had a bon fire until late that night.

Sunday we went to church with my family. It was fun to go there since I hadn't seen a lot of those people in a while, then we went out to lunch at the Spaghetti Factory with my sister, she was in town from San Antonio (yes, it seemed like everyone decided this was a good weekend to come to Portland :)) Then we headed out to Shute Park in Hillsboro for a picnic that Becka and I put together for our college friends to get together and see Brian & Ashlee and the boys. It's always hard to come in to town and try to see all your friends individually, there is just never enough time. So getting everyone together in one spot was great!

Katie & Clint w/ Lucas

Becka & Lucas

That night Becka, Nate, Clint & Katie came back to our place to hang out at our pool and have a BBQ. Katie & Clint stayed with us that night before heading back to Medford. Then Monday I spent the day with my sister, we went shopping downtown and on NW 23rd. That is one of my favorite things to do, especially when the weather is SOO nice!

Then this weekend I took Friday off and we had Brian & Ashlee over for their last night before heading up to Seattle to see family. We took the boys swimming and then we all went out to Chevy's for dinner. It was a great way to end their visit! We can't wait to see them again, and hopefully 2 more years won't go by before seeing them. I think we have decided to go up to Sitka for Christmas this year and doing a stop off in Anchorage to them.

Me with Adam! How cute is this little guy!?


The Cook Clan :)

Saturday I worked for my dad's business and Colin finished up a tile job that he did for one of his co-workers. So we made some extra $$ and put it straight on our car!! We only have a little over $100 dollars left on the car (which will be paid this Thursday!!) and then we only have our student loans to pay off!!! Yay! Yesterday we did some planning and we could probably pay those off in a year and a half!! Becoming debt free is getting more and more exciting. We decided once we are debt free we will plan our next vacation. I think we both agreed we would like to go to Cancun or the Bahamas, somewhere tropical for sure. So now we just got to buckle down and get them out of our lives forever!


Yesterday was a nice relaxing Sunday, we went to church and then I went to our pool for about 2 hours while Colin did some training for his triathlon. Then at about 7pm we decided to paint our apartment. We have had the paint for probably a month and have been talking about painting since we moved in over a year ago! We were done painting by 8:30pm and it was dry by 10pm so we could put everything back in its place! It was really fun. The color is called Oat, but it turned out a little more yellow than I was thinking it would be. But I guess it's better than white!


We did a lot of eating out with all the friends we have had in town so my diet has not gone very well these last couple weeks. I am happy to get back into our normal routine and get back to the diet.

1 comment:

  1. When we are debt free we are going to Australia! It is my #1 place and Marcel's #2 so it is worth it to us. I wish I could say ours will only be about another year and a half, but it won't. Once Marcel is done with school and actually working I'm sure that will speed up the process :)

    ReplyDelete