Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ocean Shores Tri

This last weekend we made the trip up to Washington for the Ocean Shores Triathlon. We first went to Yelm to pick up my brother Tim from a camp he is working at for the summer and then drove to the beach. This was a great triathlon to watch, it was fairly small compared to some of the others we have been to but that made it super easy to get good pictures and be able to see both Tim and Colin at their transitions. As always this triathlon got me thinking about doing one....I think I might just start doing more spin classes and lap swimming at the gym and kind of pretend like I'm training for one. Then when I actually get a bike I might just sign up for one.

Colin was the second person out of the water, he really did great on the swim! Since he was out of the water so fast the race officials didn't have everyone out directing them where to go on the bike, so Colin missed a turn and ended up going about 4 miles out of the way! But he still did great and improved by almost a half an hour from last year. He got 1st in his age group and 14th overall!



After the triathlon we drove to Yelm and dropped off my brother and then headed to Olympia to hang out with our good friends Brian & Ashlee, they are down here visiting from Alaska and we haven't seen them since our wedding!! It was kind of a spontaneous visit and I am really glad it worked out. We got to meet their 8 month old twin boys. They are the cutest little things ever!!


Here I am holding Lucas and Ashlee is with Adam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment